We are an interdisciplinary team focused on developing novel biomaterials and biofabrication processes capable of generating scientific and technological breakthroughs in tissue engineering and regenerative medicine. We aim to create an environment of collaboration, creativity, curiosity, and passion for what we do.
Meet the Team
- Dr Sherif Elsharkawy, PhD student, 2014-2018. Bioengineering of Protein-peptide Scaffolds for Dental and Biomedical Tissue Engineering Applications.
- Dr Kseniya Shuturminska, PhD student, 2014-2017. Design and Synthesis of Novel Bioactive Peptide Systems for Enamel Regeneration.
- Dr Karla Inostroza-Brito, PhD student, 2013-2017. Self-organization and hierarchical morphogenesis of a hybrid peptide/protein supramolecular system for potential vascular tissue application.
- Dr Valentina Cirillo, Postdoc, 2016-2017. Optimisation of new crosslinking strategies of elastin-like polypeptides.
- Dr Estelle Collin, Postdoc, 2013-2017. Development of 3D mimicking microenvironment for cell culture models.
- Dr Michal Lipka, PhD student, 2013-2017. Design and fabrication of a novel device for three-dimensional (3D) patterning of hydrogels.
- Dr Esther Tejeda-Montes, PhD student and Postdoc, 2009-2015. Development of bioactive membranes for controlled cell behaviour, mineralization, and bone regeneration.
- Dr Ryan Seelbach, PhD student, 2011-2015. Composite hydrogels for tissue regeneration based on dendrimer-modified hyaluronic acid.
- Juan Pablo Aguilar, PhD student, 2011 – present. A novell molecular printing within hydrogels technique based on electrophoresis.
- Dr Katie Smith, Postdoc, 2011 – 2013. Microfabricated biochips and self-assembling composites.